Friday, January 25, 2013

What's your Style Inspiration?

Inspiration for personal style can come from a great many things.  Art and architecture, favorite colors and flowers, or as I've already discussed, perhaps a favorite time period can inspire you. Maybe it's a family member or friend who inspired your style.  I think Pinterest is a great way to gather ideas for a lot of different things, but especially personal style.  It's also a great way to network with others who share similar tastes.  You'd be surprised by the amount of people who probably draw inspiration from the same things you do.  For instance, I was happy to find out that there were a lot of other women who shared my admiration for Tiffany's stained glass and tea cups.   Pinterest is just a little example, but if you haven't already joined the site, it's a creative person's dream come true!  I also get a lot of ideas from photographs and art/architecture.  If I see certain colors together that just look beautiful, I think, why not try that color combination with what I'm wearing?


The color of this car captured my attention when I was walking through the French Quarter of Charleston, South Carolina.



This iron fence is just lovely, it reminds me of a lace pattern (which I love).  The color of the iron itself with the brick and garden behind was so quaint together.  The color combinations are naturally perfect.



This was taken at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC. I miss that place!  I love the designs on some of these vases, and I love the blue and white combination of the center vase.


Just a few ideas.  Hope you like them.  What are your style inspirations?








2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I have a mess of things that inspire me. I'd liked Egypt as a kid, so I tried that on my eyes when I was an older kid. It looks slightly less like actual Egypt now. I also thought that the Chulas in my neighborhood were the best-looking women in the world, and I wanted to be just like them... huge earrings, high heels, dark lipstick, etc. But, sadly, I look neither Egyptian nor Chula. I did, however, have some success with a look I saw around... smudgy eye-makeup and all black... which I first attempted when I was nine. Love the 90's... and Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, ancient Egyptian style is very aesthetically interesting. Good choice! Haha, yes with red hair and green eyes it would be hard to pull off that ancient Egyptian look. :P The 1990's were an excellent decade for fashion when I look back. Sure it had it's downs but what era doesn't?

    ReplyDelete